Purpose of the role
The position of account executives, as a part of the accounting team, is to process all accounting procedures for account receivable and general ledgers in line with the company’s accounting policies and with the local accounting law in Malaysia. Based in Kuala Lumpur, the ideal candidate will become a part of a great team of passionate travel colleagues.
- Handling of post account receivable transactions such as inflows from customers, follow up on outstanding and other related accounting / administration matters.
- Accurate handling of AP transactions
- Accountability of petty cash and banks (posting and reconciliation).
- Processing travel claims and expense reports of the sales team to the general ledger
- Support Accounting Manager during monthly, quarterly and annual closings in account receivable and general ledger.
- Support the accounting manager during external auditing processes, budgets and forecast preparations.
- Responsible to identify an account for all the cost incurred for each booking.
- Liaison with reservation and contracting departments on matters pertaining to the payment and creditors.
- Following procedures for compliance with internal procedures, corporate guidelines and statutory requirements
- Assuring database updates of vendors and suppliers.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head of Accounting Manager or Directors.
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- Certification of Diploma or LCCI is preferred.
- An excellent command Malaysian and English (verbal and writing) is essential, other languages are a plus
- Candidate must have related working experience (at least 4 years) in full set computerized accounts, financial matters and taxation.
- Proficient knowledge of PC operation and software application, especially MS Office, E-mail and the Internet as well as good typing skill.
- Proficiency in external accounting and finance systems
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking, includes creative thinking
- A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to prioritize and organize are preferred skill sets to fill this role. Working under pressure is to be expected
- This position is open for Malaysian nationals only