Purpose of the role
The ideal candidate will be not only ensuring that our hotel contracting in Indonesia is always up to date with the best competitive rates but is also crucial in the implementation of our new internal booking system. On the one side, you will be fully accountable for negotiating rates, terms and conditions with hotels and suppliers for obtaining the best available prices and supervise a small team. On the other side, you will be a crucial in the implementation of our new booking system.
This is a very interesting newly created position. New colleagues with an apt for negotiating, analytical skills, team spirit and an open mind are welcome to apply at one of Indonesia’s leading DMCs.
- Management and supervising the contracting team in Indonesia, reporting directly to the Product Director.
- Responsible for negotiating and contracting of wholesale rates, special offers, allocation, release periods, overrides, terms conditions for hotels, ensuring the best available rates and availability; in both: new properties but also re-contracting existing hotels
- Analysing competitor products and rates, market trends, internal sales reports and overseas competitor programs for delivering cutting-edge prices and engage in sales growth opportunities
- Upholding excellent business relationships with hotels and suppliers
- Assisting in resolving complaints and administrative issues of suppliers and Hotels.
- Ensuring that all relevant data is uploaded in Asian Trails’ administration system and filed appropriately
- Planning and maintaining work systems, procedures and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the contracting team.
- Act as coordinator and initiator for our new reservation working ensuring a smooth go-live.
- Being actively involved in the internal optimization of processes and B2B connectivity thanks to system change working closely together with the MD.
- Work closely with colleagues from other departments and offices within the Asian Trails Indonesian head and branch offices
- Bachelor Degree in the hospitality and tourism industry. A minimum Diploma in Tourism or Business Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 year experience in a travel & tourism company – experience in a similar position is essential with preferences in contracting, product, business development, project management or DMC System implementation.
- Excellent command of English – both verbally and in writing – is essential. Further (European) languages are an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organization including hotel management and owners.
- Experience in leading a small team is highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking are a must
- Knowledge of Indonesia and its destinations preferable
- Good knowledge of tour operator or DMC software
- Excellent computing skills and a “tech-mind-set” are required (no programming skills required)
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset!
- This position is for Indonesian nationals only