Purpose of the role
The challenging role inside the expanding MICE team in Bangkok is to work towards offering an outstanding customer service including information, quotation, operation and administrative matters in regards to MICE related RFP’s for our French speaking clients. This function will be handling often complex quotations and ensuring that these are confirmed with all suppliers efficiently and with great accuracy. You will become part of a dynamic team of travel professionals, based in our Bangkok head office.
- Assisting and supporting the MICE Manager and other colleagues in preparing quotations, itineraries and reservations including creating program, new ideas suggestion and prices offer to the clients
- Negotiation of MICE services in line with the requirements from the customer
- Foster good relationship to hotels/suppliers
- Appropriate follow-up practices, including upselling of additional services
- All accounting procedures for confirmed files: this include issuing invoice sending to the clients, follow up payment of every booking with the accounting department
- Research and development of new products, venues and MICE related services
- Updating backend information of venues, suppliers, accommodation and other services, related for the MICE industry
- Preparation of pre-event inspection trips for project managers
- Work closely with colleagues from other departments and offices within the Asian Trails Thailand head office for any related concern tasks and services
- Other tasks as assigned by the head of the department
- Bachelor Degree in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Minimum 1 year experience in a travel & tourism company is an advantage. However freshly graduated candidate with appropriate MICE mentality will also be considered
- Excellent command in French and English language skill (writing, reading, speaking and understanding) for international communication skills is essential
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) and excellent computing skills
- Knowledge of Thailand and its destinations is a must, particularly from a MICE perspective
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak moments. A willingness to travel for work and spend time outside the office when required.
- Interpersonal skill, good team work, gentle and helpful.
- Hardworking and friendly, service minded attitude with a sense of discretion
- Candidates must be detail-oriented and possess good negotiation skills.
- A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset
- This position is only open for Thai nationals