Purpose of the role
This position within the Asian Trails’ Reservation department is an essential part of handling the MICE department starting from receiving requests from travel agents abroad; prepare offers and quotations, timely follow-up and booking of all services with our branch offices, hotels and suppliers in Malaysia. You are also responsible in assisting the manager for timely preparing and booking all events related services with hotels and other suppliers as well as the invoicing process and payment collection.
- Assist the Manager in preparing quotations and templates
- Booking for all services for MICE groups
- Negotiations with the suppliers to ensure the competitiveness of our offers
- Update the follow up master file at all times
- Arrange inspection trips for Management and agents
- Ensure that the payments are received within the given deadline
- Follow up payment for non-credit agents /overdue credit
- Ensure that the supplier invoices are paid on time
- Conduct the Site inspections and generate an inspection report as per the company’s guideline
- Handle group operations prior to arrival and throughout the stay
- Search for new products and venues
- Update the capacity chart of all the contracted venues
- Renew and foster good relationship to hotels/suppliers etc.
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- A degree in the hospitality and tourism industry is preferred
- At least 2 to 3 years of working experience in the MICE field is required for this position.
- Fluent in Spanish & French (priority for Spanish speaker)
- Good command of English – both verbally and in writing – is essential
- Able to delegate, cooperate and coordinate with all concerned person and institutions within the travel industry
- Hardworking and friendly, service minded attitude
- Candidates must be details oriented and possess good negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Malaysia and its destinations is a prerequisite
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset
- We welcome candidates with 4-5 years of experience as well as those with a passionate approach in delivering wonderful experience in Malaysia – to apply!
- This position is only open for Malaysian nationals