Purpose of the role
This position is for our new joint venture company with the Thomas Cook Group, one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups and the employment will be with the new established company. The purpose of this job is to manage the reservation process including the initial request from the travel agents, preparing offers and quotations and booking of all of our services with hotels and suppliers within Thailand or South East Asia. In addition, you are responsible for issuing vouchers to hotels and other key suppliers and ensure the processing of invoices and payment collection is in line with company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for communication with the overseas travel agencies and tour operators
- Preparation of itineraries and quotations as per B2B/B2C clients requests
- Sending reservation requests to hotels and land service providers in Thailand
- Follow up on programs sent out
- Prepare annual master file that includes all relevant data. Ensure data is uploaded onto internal admin system.
- Coordinate with the operation department to ensure booking of requested land services
- Negotiate reservations with suppliers and hoteliers
- Follow up on payments
- General administration tasks
- Able to communicate effectively in English,verbally and written
- Minimum 2 years in the travel industry and knowledge of Thailand
- High level of IT literacy and use of Microsoft office packages and external Tourism / Business qualification are essential for this position.
- Experience with the flowing software – FIT, GIT, TOPAX
- Able to build strong internal/external relationships
- Has a truly service minded approach to the role
- Organised to meet tight deadlines
- Strong decision making skills and effective at problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible on working hours during peak season
- Advanced excel skills enabling production of formulas to deliver detailed MI data is a prerequisite.
- Educated to University degree or equivalent are preferred but not essential
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking, includes creative thinking
- This position is available for Thai nationals only