Purpose of the role
Asian Trails’ Reservation Executive is a key component of the complete reservation process including starting from receiving requests from travel agents abroad; prepare offers and quotations, timely follow-up and booking of all services with our branch offices, hotels and suppliers in Malaysia. You are also responsible for timely preparing and booking all travel related services with hotels and other suppliers as well as the invoicing process and payment collection.
- Responsible for reservations and quotations, both for individual as well as group travel requests of all travel-related requirements
- Creating and advising tailor-made travel packages
- Follow up on sent over programs
- Ensuring that all relevant data is uploaded in Asian Trails’ administration system and filed appropriately
- Monitoring and appropriately following up on accounting and payment procedures with customers.
- Coordination with the operation department with our offices in booking land services
- Maintaining excellent business relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Work closely with colleagues from other departments and offices within the Asian Trails Malaysia head office
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- Bachelor Degree in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Minimum 3 year experience in a travel & tourism company
- Good command of English – both verbally and in writing – is essential
- Knowledge of Malaysia and its destinations is a must
- Experience with Destination Management software is an advantage
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and excellent computing skills
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking that includes creative thinking is an asset
- This position is only open for Malaysian nationals