Seasonal Harbour Berthing Assistants jobs in Weymouth, Dorset
Temporary Summer Contracts
April/May 2018 until End of September 2018
2 to 5 shifts per week on average
Harbour operates 7 days a week
£8.19 per hour
Our client the Weymouth and Portland Borough Council - Harbour Team are seeking both male and female Seasonal Harbour Berthing Assistants for the 2018 season . This role would ideally suit candidates seeking additional hours to top up to full time, however for the right candidates full time hours could be gain in peak times. You must be 18 or over and it is essential you hold:
* Powerboat Level 2
* VHF Radio Certificate
This is a physically demanding role and you must be a team player. The Harbour is a major attraction for Weymouth and it is essential you be prepared to complete all tasks to ensure the harbour operates successfully for the summer season.
The job role involves the following:
* Enforce harbour bye laws in the ski and swimming areas
* Manage the slipway area and collect dues as appropriate
* Money handling skills - Collecting yacht dues - handling large volumes of cash
* Ensuring the harbour is kept in a presentable state at all times by undertaking tasks such as pressure washing and litter picking.
* Professionalism / Customer Service - At times you will be dealing with enquiries face to face and via the phone
* Cleaning duties - including cleaning harbour toilets / shower block areas
The ideal candidate will show evidence of the following within CV:
* Previous experience within the hospitality, tourism / events or sports sectors would be an advantage but not essential
* Money Handling - Adding and subtracting in head - Cashing up
* You must have strong customer services skills and have dealt with general public within face to face environments
* Good general knowledge of Weymouth and popular tourist attractions
* You must be physically fit as the role involves lifting, moving and walking/standing for long periods.
You must hold:
* Passport OR FULL Birth Certificate with National Insurance Proof
* Full driving licence would be an advantage but not essential
You must apply with an up to date CV
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Seasonal Harbour Berthing Assistants jobs in Weymouth, Dorset