Special Interest Operations – German speaking Operations Executive – our client .
Special Interest Operations – German speaking Executive is needed for a specialist European inbound tour operator, who handle group programmes on behalf of international travel trade clients particularly from Europe, the USA, New Zealand & Australia. They are best known for handling ad hoc special interest tours to Europe including a vast variety of themes including incentives, music, history, the arts, politics, gardens, architecture, religion, literature, university educational tours and performing choirs & orchestras to name but a very few.
This role will be to work with all markets, but particularly from Germany & Austria operating groups for key clients and new clients alike to create a successful ad hoc or series tour & using your skills to maintain strong relationships with both clients & suppliers. Particular attention will need to be paid to time management, attention to detail, customer service and assuring that deadlines are met . Responsibilities will include:
- The handling of all types of general & special interest groups to the UK from the German speaking market, from the client enquiry stage, including costing, creating & writing of itineraries to operation of all services and final invoicing
- Ensuring the tour is operated within budget
- Researching special interests for specific client interests
- Negotiating rates with suppliers including hotels, coaches, restaurants, guides, entertainment venues etc.
- Building close working relationships with clients and suppliers
- Attending workshops, site inspections and preparing and attending Fam. trips
Skills required :
- Fluent English and German
- Computer literacy – including Word and Excel
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK and preferably Europe
- Previous costing's & operations experience of the UK and preferably Europe
- Tourplan – desirable
As Special Interest Operations – German speaking Executive you will join a professional and friendly team who work in modern offices and the company boasts a really low turnover of staff. One of the reasons people stay is that the work is so interesting and varied. Preferred candidates will have a personal interest in the Arts especially music, and it’s a benefit if you sing, belong to a choir, or play a musical interest as many of the groups are music related.
Special Interest Operations – German speaking candidates will be contacted within 2 days of receipt of CV – we will arrange to meet you to discuss the role and company y in detail to ensure it’s the right career move for you. Since 2001 we have helped many people find the right position – we look forward to helping you.